Enterprise Advanced Threat Protection
DETECT, RESPOND & RECOVER RAPIDLY
Today’s threats evolve constantly. Prevention tools, like anti-virus, firewalls and sandboxes, can’t stop infections they haven’t seen before. Damballa Failsafe is different. It fills the gap between failed prevention and your incident response.
Damballa Failsafe is an automatic breach defense system that detects APT and advanced malware infections with certainty, terminates their activity and gives responders the ammunition needed to rapidly prevent loss.
Damballa Failsafe advanced threat protection delivers actionable information about known and unknown threats regardless of the infection’s source, entry vector or OS of the device. It arms responders with definitive evidence so they can rapidly prevent loss on high-risk devices while blocking activity on the rest.
- Identify infected devices with certainty
- Address threats faster
- Prioritize remediation based on the highest risk devices
- Block active infections until they can be addressed
- Adapt their security posture to prevent adversaries from successful future attacks
Instead of relying on any one technique or snapshot in time, Damballa Failsafe operates in real-time and gathers evidence over time. Failsafe produces actionable intelligence using multiple techniques.
Threat actors always have the first move, especially if they target your organization. Damballa Failsafe automatically discovers advanced threats and contains them by:
- Monitoring network traffic for threat behaviors and activities
- Automatically verifying which devices have successful infections
- Assigning a risk level for each infected devices
- Stopping all communications between the device and the threat actor
CONTAIN THREATS INSTEAD OF CHASING ALERTS
Prevention devices are a necessary first layer of protection. When they fail – and they will – Damballa Failsafe discovers infected devices that have eluded preventative controls. Instead of relying on any single detection technique, Failsafe discovers successful infections with certainty by:
- Understanding the network behavior of the device;
- Analyzing payload content;
- And applying Damballa’s intelligence about malicious destinations, command and control communications and threat actors
HARNESS BIG DATA FOR VISIBILITY AND ACCURACY
“Big Data” is not just about having data, it is about how you use it. Damballa Failsafe is powered by unique big data threat analytics that help you gain unmatched visibility to accurately identify successful infections on your network by:
- Leveraging over 8 trillion records annually from enterprise, consumer, and mobile sources
- Protecting over 400 million enterprise devices worldwide
- Seeing 35% of the world’s Internet DNS traffic and mobile traffic
- And Increasing database by 22 billion records per day
Damballa is a company rooted in data science, threat research, technology innovation and common business sense. We help enterprises solve the never-ending, always-growing challenge of preventing loss due to a security incident. The way we accomplish that can’t be replicated.
Our enterprise product, Damballa Failsafe, is the only security system that automates discovery of your organization’s highest-risk devices under a threat actor’s control. Unlike point solutions, like sandboxing or IPS devices, our approach doesn’t rely on one way of identifying a threat. We combine behavioral analysis of each endpoint’s network traffic and payload analysis with knowledge about threat actors and their tools and techniques.
Since 2006, we’ve been processing massive volumes of data traffic. Today, we see 35% of the world’s Internet DNS traffic and one-third of mobile data traffic. That equates to 8 trillion unique records per year of unfiltered, unstructured and unbiased Internet and enterprise network data.
This massive data set feeds Failsafe’s detection engine, which gets ‘smarter’ over time as it continually watches network communications and profiles traffic patterns. Unlike prevention security controls, which require prior knowledge of a threat, our system automatically discovers unknown malicious activity emanating from hidden infections. We present definitive evidence of device infection to security teams so they rapidly prioritize their response and prevent loss.
- Case Study: University CISO Deploys Damballa Failsafe for Increased Visibility into Advanced Threats
- Solution Datasheet: Damballa Failsafe
- Whitepaper: Advanced Threat Detection for the 21st Century: Integrating Big Data Intelligence to Automate Breach Defense
- Whitepaper: Protecting Critical Infrastructure and Industrial Networks from Advanced Threats